Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I'll be getting my first rats tomorrow. I actually took care of two of them while their owners were out of state for a week about a month ago. They decided they didn't have time to play with them anymore, so I got first dibs on them. Its a trio of males- we plan on changing the names though. I can't pronounce Algernon correctly so that one will be redubbed Ghost instead.
If my username isn't obvious, I'm huge Harry Potter fan. So some Harry Potter-themed name suggestions would be awesome. My partner has already kiboshed 'Scabbers' so that's out.
I'll be posting pics of the trio tomorrow!

·
Registered
9 Posts
For two boy rats, how about Ron and Harry? Or maybe House names? Magical creature species that appear in the series? Oh, dang, now I kinda want a rat named Thestral, lol.

EDIT: Oh! And if you really want to be silly--Crookshanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent ideas! I'll get out my Magical Creatures and Where to Find Them textbook and look for ideas!
Crookshanks is a clever one!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cage Animal shelter Net Fawn Here's my three boys: Ghost, Remus and Domino- the last one needs his name changed. Still working on that name. Got thm in a 10 gallon with a topper (temporarily), I'm hunting for a better cage. Just spent this morning waking a hammock and decorating the cage to make it more comfy. They finally figured out the hammock is for resting, not a chew toy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Me and my girlfriend got two rats a few weeks ago. She's also a Harry Potter fan and I am a Lord of the Ring fan, so they're names are Severus and Gandalf! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts