Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name's Andee and I'm a fairly new rat mommy. I've had two rats before, but my first rat stayed with my aunt who is more experienced, and my second rat didn't last long as I got him when he was very old. My current rat, Ashe, I have had for a little over four months now. He's grown to be a little butthead! lol.

I'm currently studying to be a Vet Tech and plan on getting specialized in Rodent Care, with a sub-specialization in Canine/Feline Care. I will have finished my first semester sometime this month! I'm a Job Corps graduate of Business Tech, but after trying to find ANY job in my field, I ended up taking up a nanny job from my aunt. And that's where I am now!

My aunt bought Ashe originally as food for our ball python Voldemort, along with a hooded rat. We couldn't decide if we wanted to keep both of them, feed both of them to the snake, or feed one and keep the other to breed. As I was playing with the hooded rat, I noticed he had two tumors on his neck, so he was given to the snake and I got to keep Ashe! I have plans to get Ashe a cage-mate as he has since grown to be lonely, but it's kind of hard to get a second rat when the bus system doesn't allow them! Lol. If I get a chance, I will post a picture of my fur baby!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm an open book. ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
welcome! sounds like you have been busy lately. :) As for getting a friend, can't you just get one in a little card travel box and put that inside your handbag or something before you get on the bus?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts