Rat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I've been haunting the forum for a few days, and thought I should register so I can actually talk as well as stalk haha!

My siblings had rats when we were younger, and I played with them but never had any of my own (I had some degus though, also cuties!) and after spending some time with some friendly rats recently, I got my two little ones this week! There's no breeders around here that I know of, though I admit I have only started researching it a bit more now, so they came from pets at home. They're about 3 months old the sales assistant thought, although I'm not sure I trust him, after he dropped one of the poor babies! :mad: luckily she seemed okay. They're called daisy and lara (after lara croft, because she's a proper little adventurer!) And they're just the cutest! I've had an eventful couple of days with them, with an immersion session that went horribly wrong, but I really want to bond with them, and the forum has so much good advice so I hope I can be a good ratty mum!

Looking forward to chatting with you all! ;D

I only have pics of lara so far, but here's her looking cute and sleeping on her head haha! (Excuse the rat poo, my boyfriend took the pic to send to me at work)
Rat Hamster Mouse Muridae Rodent Rodent Hamster Guinea pig Mouse Rat

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad I'm not the only one! I have a habit of lurking on websites instead of getting stuck in, but now I have my ratties I have a good reason to join in ^.^

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
hey welcome to the forum. trust me its much better to talk and stalk than to do just one. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Kelsbels, this is the first time I've met anyone else who has had them before! They're getting more widespread, but nobody I knew had heard of them when I got them a few years ago. The little noise they make when grooming each other is ridiculously cute ^.^

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm the same as you, just lurking instead of posting xD having my ratties are another reason why I feel I can be part of the community haha

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitely, getting my rats was a reason to talk! And it's nice to have lots of other new people all the time as well, this is such a growing forum! :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yeah We had gotten them many years ago which unfortunately also meant there wasn't too much info available on them. But one of ours lived up to be 10 years old!! Super old Darlin' :D Now that I'm living in Germany I see a lot more Degus food/cages/ and toys made specially for them, and I wish so much that I had those years ago.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I haunted the forums too, until I was a couple days away from getting my rats. Then I joined, and I'm really glad I did, the people on here have great advice. Welcome to rat owning!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah We had gotten them many years ago which unfortunately also meant there wasn't too much info available on them. But one of ours lived up to be 10 years old!! Super old Darlin' :D Now that I'm living in Germany I see a lot more Degus food/cages/ and toys made specially for them, and I wish so much that I had those years ago.
Wow ten years, that's was one healthy degu! :D I totally agree, there's so much more available now than there used to be, even just in the mainstream pet shops!

Hello to both of you as well, nice of you all to drop by! Look forward to seeing you around the forum! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts