Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Rachel, and I'm 21 years old. I own a total of 9 pet rats, all of them strong, smart, fast, and healthy, but I mainly came here to find information for a friend. She and her husband own an adopted rat that recently attained the problem of urinating with blood, and as my concern for rat health on not only my pets, but other's as well, I was wondering a few things about this, mostly what it could be.
She also wanted to know if it is critical to people's health, as she has a baby girl, and another on the way. I'll be looking around yet, but if you could help us out, I'm sure she would appreciate it. I just like learning as much as I can about rats in general, from their health issues to their ways in life. Also, that rat is four of our rats' brother.

More about me, though, after all, I like introducing my ratties to the world! :D We own four girls and 5 boys. Just think, I started off with two, and ended up with 9! lol! But, no matter how many rats I own and care for, each one has their own personalities, levels of intelligence, and favorites, making each one special in their own way. If you would like to see my ratty pets (I run a PET rat adoption, each bred ONLY when enough people request for some of them.), I do, in fact, have a website for them of my own, which the address is listed below. I aim for healthy, fast, smart, and well-mannered pets, as I try to help these critters gain a better reputation than what many people know them of.

My rats and I go everywhere, from the bars to sit silently on my shoulder, to walking about the streets in the summertime. Eventually, I want to train one of my rats to dance upon what you say, which is somewhat working. I'll videotape it for all to see, IF it actually works, which is where the speed and intelligence comes from. After all, how many people have seen a "dancing" rat? lol!

Please do not give me bad word about the adopting, as I'm mainly trying to help people see what kinds of PETS, not SHOWING rats can be for them. If all succeeds, with the aspect of watching carefully for any cancers and illnesses, PET rats will be noticed better in Wisconsin, USA. Hope all goes well in the future!! :D Rach

www.rachelsratties.weebly.com

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure you'll find everyone here very helpful and friendly!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Rachel...hope to see lots of pix of your Ratties.

I'm in the process of getting my female Rattie pair, actually just another 3 weeks and they will be here, I'm so excited and can't wait =)

Hope that you and your girls/boys love it here as much as we all do and remember....post lots of pics of your ratties :D we always like lots of pics

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sad News

I am typing here today in memorial recognition to my "Old Man Rat," Moo, the Cow, the Rat, who was born Dec. 2005 and died peacefully June 3rd, 2008.

Moo had lived a life of complete spoilage within our home, where he had gotten the chance to make new friends with an unexpected litter, spent a lot of time with our former guinea pig, Mysti, and he even gotten to see what it was like at the Manitowoc County Fair.

He lived in our home for well over a year, where he had gotten the most pieces of chocolate between cage mates, had chances to go in a separate cage for outside time with his four buddies, and had more "cuddle time" with mama than all of the rats, put together.

Though he was an older rat, he was special to me, in a way I don't think others would normally see in a rat and his owner. Moo had also gotten the chance to father and find homes for a total of 6 rittens, who are now all old enough to start their own families. Two of those rittens are here today, somewhat unaware that their daddy has left them-Athena and My Runt. Both had separate mothers.

As the King of the Realm, this spotted rat's rule was only this: Be friendly toward each other, and I'm not going to rush up to the weaker rat's defense against you. Now that he's gone, there has been determinations for a new King.

Moo is greatly missed by Jeffy, our agouti, dumbo/standard mix, and his mama, who hopes there IS a heaven waiting for her to meet him later. Others still realize his disappearance, but they seem to have learned that life lives on.

Moo also could tell if anyone was upset, and would spend time cuddling next to them for comfort. Sometimes it was Jeffy or Shadow, many times it was mama. Even the kitty had gotten attention from him, here and there!

In case you were wondering, that rat that I've mentioned long ago was placed outside her home, and eventually died. Then she tried blaming the breeding genes, which, might I add, are not defective through bladder infections, but eventually all of that was taken care of and forgotten, as she was my sister-in-law, and you can't keep grudges on family.

I still have my website, where my photos, videos, and rat information that I'm learning are located at the above website, and I still hold onto 8, healthy rats. For the loss of my Moo Moo, though, I plan to breed Athena with either a curly or dumbo male, at the Black Rose Rattery, for Jeffy's lonely sake. He loves Shadow, too, but he loved Moo more. Now, his fur is poofed out again and his left eye is shooting out more poryphin (spelling?), just like the time we moved from house to R.V.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts