Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Welcome! Well the first thing to know about rats is the need company. So if you only have one rat, he/she needs a friend :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do want more than one, but she is very timid and bites at us every time we try to touch her. I don't want to freak her out with more rats....or would this be better for her?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I found that my rats kind of bounced off each other, so when one approached me the other one would slowly follow suit. They learned together that I wasn't a big bad scary predator. Once one realises you're a friend it can be easier for other rats to realise the same! How long have you had her? And what's her name? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. We just got her Saturday and her name is Ramona :) Hopefully will be getting her some friends within the month. She is a dumbo. I will get pics up when she will let me :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on my Ramona. I have chosen not to follow the rat daddy immersion advice. Instead since I understand that my girl is scared I chose to just move slow with her. Right now I wear gloves, but I can pick her up and she runs up my arm. We are both moving slowly, but I understand. She also LOVES kix and will come out and take them out of my hand. YAY for progress!! Love my little ratty!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts