Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new. My name is Aiden, and just about two weeks ago I picked up a pair of new babies. My girls are both littermates, and they're named Ursa and Minora after the lesser bear constellation. Both are black, but I think Ursa is a black veriberk with a lightning blaze, and Minora is a split capped? They're both mismarked, so I'm having a little bit of trouble deciding but as well at this they are both dumbo eared. They aren't my first rats, but it's been a great while since I've had any. My first were two boys I made the mistake of picking up from a petshop a few years back - they were named Castor and Pollux, but Pollux was very sickly (as to be expected) and died soon after we bought him, so we got another named Atlas to keep Castor company. Both were almost impossible to handle and ended up going to a rattie rescue when we had to move to an apartment that didn't allow pets. Ipot's been years since then, and I recently decided to get another pair of ratties after doing research beforehand (unlike before when I just ended up caving unexpectedly on a trip to Petco). Ursa and Minora are the sweetest little things and so so energetic, and I'm really looking forward to talking with everyone and learning all about my girls the longer we're together.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WIN_20141014_080733.JPG WIN_20141014_080808.JPG WIN_20141014_080818.JPG WIN_20141014_080851.JPG
Sorry for the poor pictures but these are my girls. I'm having a lot of trouble with Minora's markings - I thought she was capped, but there is a few white flaws in it and on top of that there is a fairly small dark spot at the base of her tail. Does anyone know what markings she'd be classified under?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts