Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've never been much of a forum person but I thought I'd do something new and exciting now that I have a new rat. My first one, Paul, passed about a year ago :( I wasn't going to get another one since I was going to college, but now I'm in my own apartment. I got Pierre as a re-home type situation in September. I'm hoping to learn more about rats and be a better owner as a result!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I think you will slowly warm up to being here and participating in all the interesting conversations with our other members. I always appreciate when people come here with the intention of bettering their skills as a rat owner, it is a good quality. I hope you like it here and do make sure to post lots of pictures of your ratties, we love seeing them! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much! I only have Pierre right now in the home that he was in with his old owner. He doesn't seem very interested in me and he doesn't like to come out at all. He spends lots of time up here sleeping:

IMG_0159.jpg

But I can pet him while he's sitting up there, he doesn't have a problem with it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Sounds like he is lonely since his a buddy passed away :( Have you looked into fostering a senior friend for him? He looks like my boy Elijah (who is also a black hooded) and a little troublemaker. Very sweet seeming.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not thought of that. Simply because I'd have to head on down to a pet store since there are no breeders or rescues around (I'm in a very poor county) and transportation is a bit of a problem as well. Additionally, I just purchased a couple of days ago a cheapish cage online that's actually meant for two rats, so that it can be a possibility and he might be a bit more comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts