Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here! I just be came a rattie mom on the 26th. I didnt do any research before getting my little Ruger and I guess I should have. I hope to learn lots from the forum.

Im also the mom mom to 3 human kids ages 17,12 and 9. I have a 9yr old boston terrier and a 18 month old hamster!

Thanks for having us
~Kara and Ruger~

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hello! Nice to have you here! You should find this forum very helpful. It was for me, although I found it a few months after I got my ratties. There are a few important sticky notes in each category - is good to read them to learn the basics. Also, there's is a search field so you can search for information in past threads.
One tip for starters: get a pal for Ruger. Another female. She shouldn't be alone. They are social little buggers. And she will be warmer in winter with a companion. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome! Yeah rats should probably come with an instruction manual but this forum is the next best thing!
If you only have one rattie you should look into getting a friend for him, rats are very social creatures and can get depressed without a friend!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts