Rat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Lina and I just joined today. I love this forum so far.

I'm 25 years old and I live with my boyfriend, 1 dog, 1 cat, 6 rats and fish.

I would love to chat with any of you about rats. I just love talking about them.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Welcome! Well, we love to chat about rats, so feel free! :lol:

What are your ratties' names/colors?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had Pinky and Pogo for one year they are both hooded-1 cream the other 1 black.

Elle and Nelly are still babys They are about 10 weeks old and both gray hooded. The pet shop said they are cross dumbo/hooded.

Shannon and sadie are off a friend. I have only had them a short time so I think they are still getting used to me. They are both black with white bellys.

All are female. I'm going to put them in the same cage if they all get on well and save some room.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I believe that technically 'cream' rats are either fawn or beige., my boy Baileys is fawn (fourth in my siggy).

The 'gray' girls are likely 'blue', do they have ears to the sides of their heads? That makes them dumbos... I think dumbos are just adorable.

The other two are probably black berkshires...

Sounds like you've got a full house!

:D As long as they get along, I'm sure they'd all love each other's company!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hello Lina, welcome to the forums! :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never knew the gray colour was called blue. It's a dark gray colour so does the same thing stand. Their ears are like standard ones. But I was told they might grow bigger than normal coz they are cross dumbos. I will just have to see.

I might look up Black berkshires on the web so I can learn more about them. Thanks for that Forensic.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
lina said:
I never knew the gray colour was called blue. It's a dark gray colour so does the same thing stand. Their ears are like standard ones. But I was told they might grow bigger than normal coz they are cross dumbos. I will just have to see.

I might look up Black berkshires on the web so I can learn more about them. Thanks for that Forensic.
Heh, well at times I feel the need to share all my new knowledge... I didn't even know rats could have different ears until I got here... :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you are right about the Black berkshires. I had a look at some on the net and they look the same. Well they do say you learn somthing new every day.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
lina said:
Thanks Donna, What rats do you have?
I have two girls - an 8 month old PEW, Lil' Buddy (don't ask!) and an 18 month old, Ratatouille - aka "Ratty" - who is a... mismarked hooded? I've never really considered what Ratty is! :lol: There are more pictures of her, here.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cute rats and good pics.

I dont have any good pic's they never stay still for me to take any.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
lina said:
Cute rats and good pics.

I dont have any good pic's they never stay still for me to take any.
Thanks! Those are just a few of the very many "darn it!", "stay still will ya?!" and "so close that time!" shots that have been taken. :lol:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Indeed... Bless whomever invented digital cameras.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome to the group Lina:) I have 3, a PEW(blossom), a blue teddy bear rex(willow), and a beige with funky markings(dandy). I look forward to seeing pictures of your babies!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ye I will have to sort out some pictures for you all. Most of them are taken off my phone so not very good. I will have to dig out my digital camera.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts