Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! My name is Heather and my sister and I just adopted two, 6 week old, female rats from a local rescue. We have named them Sakura (my rat, left) and Aria (AKA Pirate) (my sisters rat, right).

Mammal Vertebrate Rat Gerbil Muridae

Sakura is on the more nervous side and is a pretty fast mover but I am confident given her age that she will calm down quickly. Pirate can be jumpy with fast movements or sudden noises but is a fairly calm rat already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These two are not our first rats. I volunteered at, and fostered for, a local animal shelter for 5 years and in that time fostered many different types of animals including rats. I have cared for dozens of rats - some personal pets and others were fosters - while my sister has probably owned around 5 rats over the years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I decided to join this forum in order to get ideas on cage decor/accessories and design ideas, and of course to chat with other rat lovers :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh wow, they're so pretty! My favorite things I've bought for our cage is a space pod which I affixed to the ceiling of the cage and lava ledges that lead up to it. They look colorful and cool and for whatever reason, my rats immediately took to sleeping in the space pod over their igloo and log houses. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts