Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Meghan,I'm 13 and live in Ga.I have a hairless rat named Ollie,I'm hoping he wont be the last rat I get before I get my own place.At first I was afraid that he would be a bitter like alot of the past rodents I've had,but he is very sweet,and I'm hoping for him to live a happy,healthy life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
Welcome! I've always wanted a hairless rat, and I must say Ollie is a great name! You should really consider getting him a friend as rats generally do better in pairs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
[align=center]Do hairless rats have more sensitive skin than furry rats? Like do they get sunburnt and stuff?[/align]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
Whiskers said:
[align=center]Do hairless rats have more sensitive skin than furry rats? Like do they get sunburnt and stuff?[/align]
They'll get sunburnt more easily, yes. Their skin's just about as hardy, but they don't have fur to protect it. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thankyou everyone,and yes,I'm thinking on finding him a friend,I sent an e-mail to Phoenix Gate Rattery in Atlants Ga.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Forensic said:
They'll get sunburnt more easily, yes. Their skin's just about as hardy, but they don't have fur to protect it. :(
[align=center]So can rats with fur get sunburnt too?[/align]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
Whiskers said:
Forensic said:
They'll get sunburnt more easily, yes. Their skin's just about as hardy, but they don't have fur to protect it. :(
[align=center]So can rats with fur get sunburnt too?[/align]
Just like humans with hair can. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,097 Posts
ollie is very cute, and i love the avatar. It has a touch of whimsy!

I get sunburns on the part in my hair, and it's rather painful! 8O
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Forensic said:
Whiskers said:
Forensic said:
They'll get sunburnt more easily, yes. Their skin's just about as hardy, but they don't have fur to protect it. :(
[align=center]So can rats with fur get sunburnt too?[/align]
Just like humans with hair can. :lol:
[align=center]Okay then.[/align]


MopyDream44 said:
I get sunburns on the part in my hair, and it's rather painful! 8O
[align=center]I've never gotten a sunburn on the part in my hair.[/align]


A1APassion said:
Whiskers said:
[align=center]So can rats with fur get sunburnt too?[/align]
Yes they can, especially their ears
[align=center]Can you put sunscreen on their ears?[/align]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've heard of people putting sunscreen on spinx(sp) cats
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top