Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Rat Forum users

I am a new rat carer. I bought 3 young bucks in January, all hooded rats. They are all cute, active and gentle fellows, though they squabble amongst themselves a bit. Though they like to run around the outside of their cage and explore, and enjoy being petted inside their cage, they don't seem to enjoy shoulder rides or being picked (even though they are brought close to my chest straight away), which is a little disappointing, and the reason I joined this forum. I don't make a lot of noise, and do my best not to frighten them, but they get stressed quickly if picked up. I hope I can find some help for this as a forum member.

Looking forward to chatting with you

Ryokan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I almost forgot... I recently adopted a 4th (I have a big cage) buck. He is younger than the others but from the same parents. I took a great deal of care introducing him, having researched in various places the best ways of doing this. He had been previously bought as a pair, but his brother escaped. I felt bad for him, as I knew rats get miserable if living alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts