Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I wanted to join because I wanted to get information on pet rats from actual owners. I'm interested in getting a rat or two, but before I jump in I would like to do my research. I grew up with mice and a family member who had rats when I was younger. I don't remember anything about them though.

I'm a big animal person. I've had mice, horses, dogs, cats, rabbits, and believe it or not a Non releasable squirrel due to health reasons. I'm a part time squirrel rehabilitater. (sorry I'm a bad speller and terrible at grammar...) I've raised my NR squirrel since he was five weeks old. Up every two hours to feed the little booger but worth it. haha Anyways that's probably enough about me.

Thanks for adding me! ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What advice would you guys have for a new rat owner? I've been reading through the forum and I was originally only going to get one rat but I see that is not a good idea so would two or three rats be a better for a new owner? I'm confused on how this forum works, i've never really been on one before... but how much do they smell? that is one of my house mates biggest concerns. I've had mice before I'm assuming its close to that? Also What is the best kind of food to feed them? I don't trust the pet stores around where I live. Sadly they really don't know what they are talking about and the internet can be a tricky place to find information. So i've decided to start with people who actually owns pet rats. I'm very picky about what I feed my animals so I want to make sure my rats get the best. What kind of cage do you guys suggest for two or three rats? How much space do they need per rat? Any suggestions on a good starter cage? I've ordered a couple rat care books but I know from raising different kinds of animals that books don't always give you all the information. They tend to leave out some of the small but important information haha Anyways any information or tips you guys can give me would be great!

Thanks!! =]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts