Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...Just looking for good info on the net about pregnant rats:( I bought a hairless female from Petco. I suspected she was pregnant after getting her home and settled in. Now I am almost 100% sure she is..making a nest a huge belly :) and she is sleeping alot. I've read that hairless are terrible mothers and I jusdt wanted to get some opinions. Would she be nesting,cleaning her nipples.etc if she wasnt going to take care of them? Nice to meet everyone and btw her name is Ruby :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Welcome!

I've never heard about hairlesses not taking care of their litters... but then again, I've never had a hairless (or had one of my rats have babies). I would assume that she would take care of them though, what with her nesting and all.

Have you moved her to a tank and seperated her from her other cagemates?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she had the babies last night ,at least ten of them ,I'm afraid to take her/them out :( i just don't want to disturb her.. Any ideas ???

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome rubygirl, Ruby and new rittens =) I would have to agree with what madeittothemoon said above...I would think she would be a good mother if shes nesting and keeping herself cleaned. I'm far from being an expert on Ratties, but I'm sure that someone who is will post in here for you.

Good luck with the new rittens

Hope you love it here as much as we all do and I look forward to seeing pics of your sweet Ruby and rittens =)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome! If you need help go to the " accidental litters" forum. You might find it helpful. Goodluck! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts