Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm a first time rat owner, but a life-long animal lover. i'm 24, and i've had 2 hamsters within the past 4 years, and i didnt want to "replace" my last hamster, missy (who died in march- r.i.p. missy..). i've also had rabbits and cats (cats my whole life- but right now all my cats live with my parents), and i had a mouse about 6-7 years ago.
i finally convinced my boyfriend that we should get a new pet, and he agreed to a rat. unfortunately, i didnt realize that rats should be kept in pairs, and by the time i convinved my bf we should get a second rat, all sammy's cage-mates had been sold. i dont have the financed right now to buy a quarantine cage, but as soon as i do, i think i'll be getting another rat.
my rat is a girl, and her name is Samantha Ratter. the more i get to know her, the more she seems like a suzie to me, but i like samantha ratter, so that's her name.
my name is kim, and my bf's name is don, so in the future i might just use his name in posts, i dont know.
anyway, i just got samantha 3 days ago, and she's already kinda used to me. she's exploring the bed down by my legs right now, and earlier she crawled up my pants. which tickled a lot.
but i love my sammy ratty! i'll be putting pics of her up on here as soon as she gets more used to the camera- right now just seeing it scares her into hiding.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts