Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! My name is Kate I live in ontario canada. I am 17yrs old and in my last year of highschool(hopefully lol) I currently own 2 cats, 4 fish(3 guppies and a pleco) and 6 (soon to be 7) horses.

The only forums I usually join are horse forums. But ive recently become interested in owning a pet rat after hearing how affectionate and intelligent they can be. My cousin use to always have rats and I thought they were amazing although my mother thinks that should be cat food!(she grew up on a farm)

Ive started to try to convert her slightly to the rat side. And so far its going slow but it is going which is more then I can ask for. Its already been okayed by my dad :D

Ive joined this forum so I can learn more about rats before actually purchasing one. I believe people should be well informed before getting an animal they have never had and know nothing about in order to give it everything is needs and more!

Well thats about it! If you feel like you want to know more about me just e-mail me (can be found on my profile page)!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kate! One thing that you'll probably want to consider is getting two rats- rats are very social animals, and often get depressed if they're on their own.

·
Registered
97 Posts
:lol: Hi Kate! Welcome! I am sure that this forum can tell you all the information you may ever want to know about rats! And have pictures too!!! I am sure you will like it here! Again, WELCOME ABOARD!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Well you've definetly come to the right place! Everyone here is super helpful and friendly so I'm sure you'll find what ever you need here. (Btw, rats should be kept at least in pairs of twos, they are very soical and NEED a buddy to hang out with while you're at school)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Kate...hope to see lots of pix of your future Ratties.
*Hint Hint* to your mom :D

I'm in the process of getting my female Rattie pair, actually just another 3 weeks and they will be here, I'm so excited and can't wait =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts