Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I was looking for some pets to keep me company and after some recommendations from friends I chose to pick up a pair of rats. I brought home two girls, Trouble and Mischief. I've been learning a lot through these forums and some videos on Youtube, but I have many more questions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are all new rat owners as worriesome as me? I'm always unsure if I'm making good progress with them or whether or not I'm keeping things clean and happy for them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am very concerned about one of my girls right now, Mischief. She occasionally has a loud chirpy "hrrr" sound with her breaths, usually when she is excited about something. I took her out of the cage today and she didn't stop making the noise and it seemed like she was breathing twice as fast as normal. She's fairly skittish so I wasn't sure if this was a scared noise or a wheezing noise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would definitely recommend taking her to the vet, most rats (as you've probably read by now) have respitory issues. Normal putting them on some doxycycline and a bronchodilator fixes them up within a week. Healthy rats shouldn't make any noise, so it's best to check in case :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts