Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Barb and at the moment I have one rat. We had others but sadly they have passed.

My husband owned a rat when he was younger and loved it. So when my daughter wanted one I was a little on the leery side but decided she could get one after some research. that was several years ago and it passed right before we moved to SC. Now that we are back in my home town 2 years ago we decided to get her one for Christmas it was so cute I had to go back and buy me one.

We made a cage out of the plastic shelving with wire around it and it had 3 levels along with all kinds of climbing areas and shelves.
We named her rat Drop Dead Fred (because everytime she would get on the shelf and fall asleep she would roll off ) and mine was named Snatch (because everytime we would give her food she would snatch it from our hand and run)

Sadly Drop Dead Fred dropped dead one day. :(
We still have snatch although we can't hold her as she is very aggressive and bites. About 6 months we bought a dumbo rat for my daughter and she named her Jar Jar we came in one night and she lay dead. (we only had her for about a month.)

We've made them a new cage (it stands 5 ft tall) out of the closet shelves and it is so much easier to clean. I love it.

guess that is too much info huh? I was just wanting to introduce myself and say Hi. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's okay, I love reading about other people's rats. I guess I'm just excited to get my own!

Anyways, welcome to the Rat Forum!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome! (sorry about Fred and Jar Jar)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts