Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i joined a few days ago im 15 my name is harley, i live with mum and dad and sister and her boyfriend and there having baby soon so gonna be packed in here, me and my dad love animals my dad is into like cameleons and spiders and ceko's and he has crocodile skinnks ( i think there called that) there quite pretty he has to cameleons ones a yemin and the other i dont know what kind she is she's just small at moment lol but im into like Rats and Ferrets i have 3 ferret girls 1 is called nipsie she half polecat and the other 2 girls are sisters and there full polecats and we havent really gave them names we couldnt think of 1s what suits there personality so we call them the bandits lol then i recently gone back into rats my mom brought me a rat as a surprise lol and i called him jack he's still young and he has this massive cage to himself and then my dad saw someone was selling a big cage (the one jacks in at the moment) and you got 4 rats a biy and 3 girls and we went and pciked them up and when we got home and got a proper look at them they were quite smelly and there eys had dried blood round them but the big shocker was........wait for it........you ready ........ALL PREGNANT now im ok with it but the man could of warned us unless he didnt know ? but there settled in ok 2 of the girls have big bellies so ive split the 3 girls apart and the 3rd girl she's quite not ready yet so im just waitin now its hard because i dont know how many weeks they been pregnant and i wish i knew how old they were but least there better than what they were living at we think the person kept them in the shed (nasty) anyway thats about my animals and me lol its long bye x

·
Registered
Widget & Gadget
323 Posts
By the sounds of it, you really need to get those new ratties to the vets for a good checkup! The dried blood may actually be red pigment that rats have in most of their bodily fluids, but if they're smelly it sounds like they might not be looking after themselves and each other in the way they normally would. You should also seek advice looking after pregnant does, they need extra special care and (I could be wrong on this) a special kind of food with extra calories for when they are lactating.

Incidentally, if you're intending to keep a buck in with 3 does, you REALLY should get him neutered. The least responsible thing you could do would be to continually mate rats whose backgrounds you're not sure of. They could be from the same litter, and could produce sickly puppies, but more than anything you'd never be able to rehome as many babies as you'd have on your hands!

But anyway, Kudos for seeing rats in need and taking them into a loving home! ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you've got your hands full, and I think it's great that you rescued those poor little ratties!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome to the forum, where you can unload your over~full hands. Relax. Take a break. Enjoy the forums!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey i just thought ill but an update on here i seperated the boy who is bubba now he is in his own cage then i have the 3 does in different cages the one girl marley had her babies 2 weeks ago and she had 4 and they are growing really well and fast they got lots of fur and opened there eyes to days before turning 2 weeks they look like there 4 weeks old lol. Theres 2 girls 2 boys the girls r called sweet and sour and the boys are called dexter and felix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts