Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the site and I've recently brought 2 female rats, Moo (because shes simple like a cow) and Michonne (because of The Walking Dead). I thought I might make an account since every question I type into google came up on here haha. I brought them from a breeder on Halloween and since then Michonne has gotten really overweight and is showing signs of pregnancy, I was wondering if anybody could help me? Moo is extremely social and loves getting back rubs, Michonne however hates being handled and is really worrying me. She's gotten really big and her nipples are showing, she's also building nests and pulling cobs of corn into them. Not only is she showing signs of pregnancy but she's sneezing a lot and constantly makes these weird clicking noises when she eats and when I pick her up and she also squeaks pretty frequently, but moo isnt doing any of these things at all. However they both have a little bit of bloody stuff around their nose/ eyes, and about 3 days after I got them moo had crusty stuff completely covering her eye and she couldn't open it so I wet a cotton bud and carefully cleaned it off, but its calmed down a lot since then. If anyone has any ideas on what I should do it'd be greatly appreciated. I don't have the money to take them both to the vet since I cant find one cheaper than $150 for a standard consultation. Thank you :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for your help :) Does she look pregnant to you or could it be megacolon.. Or something else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts