Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here. I really want a little rat because they just seem awesome. I have some basic questions. I wanna say, do they smell, but I have read that it's their urine that smells. So I want to know, how often do they poop and pee? And will they pee all over my clothes? This is my only worry about getting a rat, so I need to get some feedback on it first.

Also, do you know where I can go and hold one? I can't seem find them in my local pet stores here in the UK - Birmingham.

·
Registered
169 Posts
First of all you'll need at least two rats because they are social creatures and have been known to die from depression if left to live alone. All rats are diffrent but yeah in my experience they all have a smell! Boys i think are stinker that girls but again all rats gave a smell but most of the time it can be controled with cleaning.

It can be a bit frustrating if they aren't in a well ventilated room because you can't use air freshener, Candles or really anything that smells because of there sensitive respitory systems.

As for pee and poo its pretty constant. You can (with patience) teach them to use a litter box but at least in my experience they will still drop little drips of pee on you to "mark" you.

I live in tge states but i believe if you search you should be able to find a rescue/shelter with ratties ir at least a breeder.

And yes ratties are awesome, sweet and smart pets!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts