Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Nicole... I thought I would join as i am thinking of owning rats again. I haven't had a pet rat in quite some time and thought I would brush up and learn new things, since I was a kid when i had my last pair of girls(Daisy & Delilah). Im still debating on whether I should adopt a trio of boys or girls

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
advice on bringing them home and how you choose which gender to go with would be appreciated. Really torn and have no clue where to start to make a decision on which would fit best in my home...

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
First do NOT get your rats from a pet store. More often than not they are either sick, or develop congenital problems later on. They are also unsocialized and sometimes even aggressive and biters. I know you said you were thinking of adopting your rats, but almost everyone who buy their rats at a pet store say they "adopted" from from "whatever pet store" instead of "bought". find a great reputable breeder or adopt your rats from a rat rescue or shelter.I would go for 3 rats if I were you, if you can afford it. Vet costs for rats are surprisingly high.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
What cage are you thinking of getting? My favorite are the Critter Nation cages. Much easier to clean, access, and so much room for your rats to have fun:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would actually adopt from a rescue, and last choice would be from a breeder. I have been looking into the Critter Nations, I like how they have the option of the double. The more space the better!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been looking and actually found three boys. Just trying to make sure I have the time and just doing some more research. As, I have classes, work, and my other animals to take care of..

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
A double critter nation would be fantastic for your rats! Rats are more expensive and take more time than most people would imagine. Happy to hear that you want to adopt:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you, I was looking at other cages on youtube and loved how easy the Critter Nations are to clean and really are more spacious than others on the market. I just hope they are still available :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts