Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got 2 new rats today.

One is a lot more timid than the other, but claimed onto my hand when I put it into the cage.

She was settled on my hand for 2-3 minutes then decided to jump, she fell probably 2-3ft onto carpet. We scooped her back up and put her back in the cage so she could settle. She has been following our other new rat around and seems to be walking normally.

Should I be worried? Is she likely to be hurt falling from that height?

TIA x

·
Registered
3 Posts
How old are they? Rats are pretty hardy creatures and can take a pretty good fall but I'm glad that you're concerned. Thanks to their small size, gravity doesn't body slam them to the earth like people lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old are they? Rats are pretty hardy creatures and can take a pretty good fall but I'm glad that you're concerned. Thanks to their small size, gravity doesn't body slam them to the earth like people lol
Not 100% sure but they only came into the shop 5 days a go so I would guess at 3 months due to their size.

She seems ok this morning and is playing with our other rat!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My younger rat used to jump from my mid thigh on her own accord because she was full of energy, didn't wanna wait to be put down lol. I'm not very tall, and its about the same height of a jump. I would start getting concerned if its higher than that though, as well as frequently, as small fractures and cuts are still a possibility (Sorry for the late reply, I passed out. Also your babies are adorable!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts