Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my rat Gimli has been favoring his back left foot for the past two days. I noticed it when I was cleaning their cage on Monday when just a few hours before I started cleaning he was fine. Now he trying to not use his foot as much as possible and it’s very hard for him to a dried banana. like, he would grab it then put it down, and as soon as you tried to take it away, he would grab it like he really wanted it. I took pictures for evidence. (He’s not dragging it, he’s just lifting it up) foot he doesn’t use. Yes I know, it looks swollen.

Back right foot. The one he uses just fine.

·
Registered
Willow, Comet, and Spark
244 Posts
Woah, that's really swollen! :( I think you should take him to the vet, I don't think he's okay.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Poor Gimli. I agree, he should see a vet, or if that's an issue for you right now, keep an eye on it and see if it starts to get any better, he could have fallen out of a hammock or shelf and simply sprained it. See if you can keep him on the lower level of the cage or move him to a seperate cage where he can't climb around much, to let it rest. However, if it seems to get any worse, take him to a vet a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Poor Gimli. I agree, he should see a vet, or if that's an issue for you right now, keep an eye on it and see if it starts to get any better, he could have fallen out of a hammock or shelf and simply sprained it. See if you can keep him on the lower level of the cage or move him to a seperate cage where he can't climb around much, to let it rest. However, if it seems to get any worse, take him to a vet a.s.a.p.
tysm! ive been very worried abut him.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is he doing?
He’s doing really good! The swelling in his foot is completely gone, and he is using it now. I didn’t end up going to the vet for him because my mom and I don’t have the money to take him, but luckily he’s fine now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts