Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first rats yesterday and have found that they are pooping all over the place..haha. I want to try to start litter training them asap, but my problem is I can only find huge (large rabbit/ferret) and tiny (hamster) litter pans. I would like to have something in between and then get a bigger one when my two rats have grown. Please point me in the direction of any medium sized litter pans you know of.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I use Pyrex/Corningware pans. They're shallow but heavier so they don't tip over. I bet lots of different things would work, you just have to experiment-no metal, though.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
madeittothemoon said:
I think that the bigger the litter pan is, the better.
Definitely agreed- I used to have a tiny bowl for their litter pan, and they basically didn't poop in it at all. So I got a slightly larger one, and they used it more, but still missed as often as not. And now I have a huge pan (about 5 inches wide and 10 inches long, it's a tupperware that I cut part off of the side), and they hit it almost every time now.

But yeah, I use a sterilite storage thing that I got for 99 cents, and just cut down one of the corners so they could get in and out easily.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I use a ferret sized one that came with my savic freddy two. I have just started litter training. And so far...they just use it to hide in to get away from the others while eating... lol strange rats...would u eat in ure toilet ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts