Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my rats, Maizy, I've noticed has had brownish hairs on her rump. she's a black and white hooded. where those hairs are seems to be a bit shorter and the hair around it spikes up a bit rather than smooth. its not super noticeable but it's strange when holding her. I'm wondering if maybe some of her guard hairs are missing? Her cage-mate is a groomer and they get in some little play-tustles (no blood or wounds, just a little bit of squeaking) when clementine grooms her. Would it be possible that she pulled some out?
They aren't horribly ugly or anything, just a little spiked up and sometimes appear wettish? although they aren't to the touch. sorry if I'm doing a bad job explaining, I'm not really sure how to explain it. Any help would be apreciated! Thanks. :)

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Black bits going Brown is normally rusting. The short slightly wet look is odd though. If you pay the fur what's the skin like underneath

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black bits going Brown is normally rusting. The short slightly wet look is odd though. If you pay the fur what's the skin like underneath
It only appears wet looking sometimes, which I think might be because of Clemmy grooming her there, which she usually does. I just picked her up and checked the skin and it's the same as the rest. I think it's just from rusting and Grooming. Thank you :> The slightly wet look doesn't usually seem sickly or sticky, but if it gets worse I'll definately update with pics and then take her to the vet. Thank you very much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts