Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 female rats that are about 3 months old. I got them soft rubber toys advertised for rats and left them to it while I went annoy my uni work. I come back and no toys to be found and bright green and pink poop everywhere... do I have anything to worry about or will they be okay since they seem to be passing it? I'm worried:(

·
Registered
953 Posts
Just keep an eye on them. Normally rats will chew things up, but not eat them. That said, I never give soft rubber toys to the birds..or well to any animal for that matter. It can cause a blockage.

Rats have pretty fast metabolisms so you should be seeing poop from everyone. You will know there is a problem within the next 24 hours I would think if someone doesn't poop. You can grab some laxatone (hairball remedy, petroleum based, comes in a tube, usually in the cat area) from the petstore for good measure to help things along as well.

If one doesn't go in the next 24 hours you will need to go to the vets. Sooner if any signs of distress occur.

Good luck!! Hopefully they will be fine and it will just pass.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're pooping rainbows a lot right now but is 1am in the UK so ill clean them out totally in the morning and turd watch them all day haha:p thanks for your help, I'll get back to you! :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
I meant rats, not birds lol! I have the birds on my shoulder talking up a storm and well...out it came.

Again good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts