Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has 2 rats. Neither one is doing especially well. Marshmallow recently dropped a ton of weight and is just skin and bones and Sprinkles has a massive tumor under her armpit. My son and I walked into his room just now and discovered Marshmallow is missing. ALL of the doors are locked, so it seems impossible for her to get out, but I supposed she could have squeezed through a door opening. It seems unlikely because she's so weak. My son is beside himself and we've scoured his room looking for her and have come up empty. She could have gotten out under his door and could be anywhere in the house!

I have no clue how to find an escaped rat when she's weak, sickly and not eating much. I don't even know what room to start in, but can only assume she is hidden somewhere in my son's room. I fear she's going to crawl somewhere and die and then.... well... no one wants to find her like that. I let Sprinkles out in my son's room to see if Marshmallow would come out to see her sister, but that didn't work. We will try that again later.

And in case you're wondering, I have spoken to the vet and our goal is to make both rats comfortable while they live out their lives. But now Marshmallow is gone and we have no clue what we can do to find her.

Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh ****. We found her. And she was in the cage dead. I tried to find out how to delete this post, but I couldn't figure it out. Now to go and console a very very sad kid.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry - I wrote d a m n and didn't realized it would get censored. I wouldn't use a bad swear word on this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts