Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
remember when i said eskimo died forum a heart problem and respritory infection, im now starting to think it was the medication that mighve killed her. this nice lady named rose said she works as a volunteer at rattieratz and she gave us this antibiotic called clavamox. it came in a bottle and a sqeeze dropper, it kinda looks like an eye dropper. so we stuck it in her mouth and she sipped it down perfectly. idk but it says for use of dogs and cats only. stephanie who is a member here and is also a volunteer at rattie ratz has a handbook of all the rattie ratz volunteers and she says there is no volunteer in her handbook that says rose or roseanne or any other nickname for rose. she also says that rattie ratz volunteers are not allowed to give out medication seeing as we are not vets. she says she checked this information with the founder of rattie ratz and she said to be very careful dealing with this woman now. it is against rattie ratz policies to do these things and anyone giving you medicine that is not for rats and telling you it is fine seems fishy to me.

eskimo was sick before so it wasn't just the medication or the antibiotics. i will be more cautious and careful next time. btw she also has a cat so i am also suspious about that too. she said on the phone she had sixteen rats. something smells fishy and i can tell. i am getting scared about this now and am starting to think it really might be the medication that killed her. can someone tell me anything that would be useful information in this case because i am going to try to figure out what is going on with that rose and i need as much help as possible. for more infomation, please email me at: [email protected]. any help would be nice in this case, i am panicing at the moment.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I highly doubt it was the Clavamox that killed her unless you got the dosage very wrong (I'm not sure if even that would cause illness or death?). It isn't just for cats and dogs it can be used in other animals as well. It's an antibiotic and I've heard it used in rats just fine.

Why is the fact that the woman had a cat suspicious at all? Plenty of people own both rats and cats.

Here's hoping you are able to get to the bottom of this. The only thing I see wrong here is someone who may not have been a volunteer (or may have been) distributing medication against policies, but that's wrong enough.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Personally, I'd suggest NEVER taking medicine from anyone who is not a vet.

Did you get your rats from Rattie Ratz? Or how did you meet this rose?

I don't quite understand what 16 rats (many people have more than that) or her having a cat (many, many, many of us have cats) has to do with anything, though.

Anyhow, I also don't think the Clavamox, if you gave her the correct dose, killed her. It's perfectly safe for animals other than dogs and cats.

I wouldn't panic. That won't help anything!

Good luck.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry, i will correct that mistake. eskimo died not lola. sorry about that, i get confused with my rattie sometimes too. i will edit that out right now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the information everone can stop thinking about this situation. she told us how much to give eskimo and that she worked at rattie ratz when i found her craigslist. no worries, everything has calmed down and is fine. now. it was not the medication that killed her so dont worry. everthing is settled and thanks but no concerns or help is needed now. take a deep breath and lets move on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts