Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
My boy Luca is about 12 weeks old and has an increasingly severe rattle and wheezing in his breathing. I brought him to the vet yesterday and was prescribed antibiotics however he's getting continually worse. He sleeps in a vertical hunched position and his breathing his fast and laboured. Is there anything I can do other than continuing with the antiobiotics to help him? I'm really worried, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have actually been using my nebulizer on my guys for their cold. Did the vet give your rat 2 different prescriptions? I had some amoxicillin and looked at the rat guide and gave my guys that plus their nebulizer treatment 3x a day and it seems to be helping but only time will tell. I did so much reading on the internet on how to give them the amoxicillion, how much to give it to them and I just happen to have an extra nebulizer and started treatment with that but I know there are home remedies you can substitute it for. But I am no doctor I am just stating what worked for me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Google on the internet Rat Health Guide by Debbie Ducommum. It has the answers to any question you could possibility have. It even has a chart to medicate your rats and where you can order medication over the phone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts