Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my rats (Kyubey) has bit 2 people so far, me and my relative. I don't mean a test bite, i mean one where she lunges and bites harder than usual. I just put my finger in the cage for her, near the door, not in their personal space, and she bites me!! Same thing with my relative..

Her sister(Madoka) has been making some progress and she's very calm and excited to see me, I took her out for a moment today and she crawled over my hands and tried going into my hoodie, no biting, no aggressiveness.Both of them are around 2 months old (got them when they were a month old)

Kyubey has also been distant from Madoka, building her own area and staying on her own, not being as cuddly with her as she was. I don't have much information on their past owner because my dad was the one who got them for me(not from a pet store).Neither show signs of sickness either. Kyubey always looked a bit bigger to me compared to Madoka, and would always try to take food from her.

What has happened to her?? What could I do? Please help!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
If I'm remembering correctly ... you've only had them about 2 weeks and they're still babies, right? I would give them sometime to settle in and just be patient. If she bits, pull your hand back and squeak loudly at her - that's what will tell her she hurt you. Wait a bit and try again. When she doesn't bite, reward her.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You can also put a spoon in there cage, then if she bites it won't hurt her, but it will tell her not to bite the things that come into the cage.

Reactions: VivDaRatLuver

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can also put a spoon in there cage, then if she bites it won't hurt her, but it will tell her not to bite the things that come into the cage.
She doesn't usually bite at all so it is strange for her to do so now, her entire mood basically changed since yesterday. If there is something new in the cage, or what she's interested in she would investigate it and test bite it, same thing with me and new people, just a gentle bite but now it's more of an attack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts