Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to make a sketch of Boo, to serve as a demonstration of his proportions and attitude when he's in his "tons of energy" mood, but so far, I haven't had much luck. I'm basing it around this picture, which is pretty good:

You can't see the right front leg and paw, but it is, more or less, in the same position as the left one. Compared to the back legs, which have to be imagined since they can't be seen, the front ones are relatively close together.

The back legs are generally spread further apart, in order to give Boo that power burst at the start of a run. The tail follows behind, usually with a bit of a curl. His butt is lower than his shoulders, when he is ready to run.

This picture shows the tilt of the head, and the proportions of the head to the legs to the body, perfectly. It's a great jumping off place. But I can't seem to capture the pose in a sketch.

--------------------------------

Would you be willing to help me, by attempting a sketch like the one I described above? I would be so grateful for the help! This is a part of a bigger and longer project, and the sketch is a pretty important part.

It doesn't have to be time consuming, or beautiful, or even all that realistic. I'm just looking for something that show where the head, legs, body, and tail go.

I may "bump" this topic occasionally, because, as far as I know, I don't have a "deadline" yet, and new people might see it from time to time.

I really appreciate everyone's support in trying to capture "The Little Bother" at his troublemaking best! Thank you! :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
I wish I could help you. I cant draw anything. its definately not an area where my talents lie! HOWEVER, my daughter is a great artist but her stuff is mostly anime' looking. I could ask her and she would do it, but it may have an anime' looking slant to it...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An "Anime Boo" is cute by me! :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All I need is something to show the proportions, and how he is standing. And if you take the time to help me, trust me, I will appreciate it, and it will be "good" in my eyes. :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No deadline at all.

I have a friend who has a tiny part in Pirates 3. :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, not a very big deal part. His name is Lawrence "SKOOTA" Cummings, and I don't know if he met JD on the set or not. I don't know JD, but I hope he does a great job in "Sweeney Todd," as it is one of my most favorite musicals.

Lawrence is a great musician, song writer, live performer, you name it. He has an album on iTunes, if you're interested. (Look under SKOOTA.) He also has a MySpace page...I think the address is his name.

Anyway, he's in the very beginning, when they are hanging people. A group of people are brought up to be hung, and a little boy starts sing a pirate song. ("Yo, Ho, All Together.") Next, a black guy in heavy makeup and hair starts to sing, and the camera does a one-shot on his face for about 5 seconds. That would be my pal, SKOOTA. Then they all sing, and then, they all get hanged. :)

He always says that he can sing much better than that, but he was directed to sing that way. I, personally, have heard him sing some incredible stuff, so I know it's true.

He's really talented...if you're interested, check him out.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
are you just needing help sketching out what your ratty would look like without the blanket in the way? i tried a few sketches but they don't seem to have enough energy, so i'll scan some in later when i try again. for now, all my aquariums are green and running low on water so let me go tend to that first... :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You got it! That's his "burst of power" pose. :lol:

Tend to the fishies...I used to have them, too! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts