Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rats just had a spat, and my female drew blood on my babys eye. HIs actual eyeball is bleeding. What do I do??? My nearest vet is 50 miles away, and I dont even have my car... but its after 9, there closed. Help me please!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
There's no emergency vet clinics nearby???
That would be you best bet I think.

Why was the boy with the female? Unless that was a typo.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, typo. I was walking around my room and i had my female on the couch and the baby on my shoulders.
I sat down to take a drink, completely forgeting she was on the couch, The baby tweeked and jumped off me
Before i knew it he was behind a pillow that she was under and when i got him out I saw a bloody eye
Its happened in seconds
It only bleed for a minute
But still
There isnt a vet that accepts rodents except for like 50 miles
and i cannot get out of here.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
If the bleeding has stopped don't worry. If you have ointment for eyes use that in the eye (Polysporin for eyes).

How does the baby's eye look?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
His eye looks fine. I put him in with hi roommate and he liked it clean for him.
Yeah i was really worried i have to get his eye taken out :(
Thanks.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
If the eye was punctured you can often leave it in and see if it "deflates". Sounds like it was just a scratch and may have missed the actual eyeball. *whew*

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what i think. The more I look, it looks like a cut above and to the inner side of the eye. He should be alright, but its still a nasty place for a cut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts