Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rat name is Dante and hes a silly rat cause here what he did today.Well I'm trying to litter box train him and he was learning to do it for awhile untill I came home one night and found the litter box completely tipped over. >_> I feel like he doing this on purpose or something to be a little meanie lol.I also brought him a nice big comfy hammock but instead he sleeps under it instead of in it. He seems to be a very picky eater which is strange for a rat like I try to give him a piece of chicken and some fresh bananas he turned that down. But then I gave him some dried banana chips and he loved that cause I heard him crunching on them all night. lolAnd right now he climbing up and down my shoulder like I'm a playground while scratching me.As much as I love this little guy he sure is a handful and vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb (he just walked all over my keyboard, see what I mean? LOL)He is my first rat and I'm learning now that rats have a personality on them. lol.And thats Dante for ya. :).

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
What a cutie! It's too bad he's picky I think the best part of a rat is the treats. What size is his cage? Anyway welcome to the forums, and hope you have fun!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m a new rat parent trying to litter box train too. My boys pulled one litter box off the cage bars and under the fleece so they can nap in it. For the other litter box, they keep pulling the bedding out and storing it in their food bowls. The human is so confused.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a cutie! It's too bad he's picky I think the best part of a rat is the treats. What size is his cage? Anyway welcome to the forums, and hope you have fun!
Thanks! and his cage isnt too big or too small I had to buy one of the smaller cheaper ones cause I dont have a lot of money but I hope in the near future I can buy him a really nice cage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m a new rat parent trying to litter box train too. My boys pulled one litter box off the cage bars and under the fleece so they can nap in it. For the other litter box, they keep pulling the bedding out and storing it in their food bowls. The human is so confused.
Yea its so hard I'm almost to the point of giving up cause my rat just wont do it I mean once in awhile I'll see him do it but other than that he thinks its a toy. I guess we just gotta keep trying. lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've been using a "pee rock" and have been pretty successful. I put the rock in a plastic container and put a couple of droppings in it. They use it 85% of the time. The rock is too heavy for them to flip. I got that tip on this site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts