Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Iris and I am going on my second pair of rats. My first pair lived to the ripe old age of four and they're names were Mitch and Jeff. Well, recently, I heard that the local animal shelter had a bunch of baby rats from an unplanned litter. So I went in to check them out and came out with two litter mates. Smaug and Smeagol.

Smaug is so **** cute it's ridiculous and Smeagol is missing his front left leg. That's one thing that drew me to him. I knew that he probably wouldn't be adopted because a lot of people just want the healthy animals. But I couldn't walk away from him. He was so cute.

Check out my pics in the pics section.

Anyway, glad I found this place. And please stop by my thread in the Rat Behaviour topic section. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Im glad you took Smeagol in, no one would have adopted her. I cant wait to see pics!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oh I saw the picture of your hobbly little baby, it was so cute. I totally would adopt a ratty with 3 legs, I think it's lovely that you did!

Welcome to the forums :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
:) hi im new 2. i get the feelin u might b a lord of the rings fan!!!
how does smeagol get on with climbin and stuff? im going to check out ur pics...havent got any of my own yet...need 2 buy a digi camera i guess.
ciao 4 now

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
teresa said:
:) hi im new 2. i get the feelin u might b a lord of the rings fan!!!
how does smeagol get on with climbin and stuff? im going to check out ur pics...havent got any of my own yet...need 2 buy a digi camera i guess.
ciao 4 now
He climbs fine. He relies on his left hind leg to get a better grip. He has trouble grooming the left side of his head because he doesn't have a paw to do it with, so his brother does it for him. Getting out of the bathtub after a swim is funny. Smaug can leap out on the first try. Smeagol however leaps up and grabs the rim of the tub with his right paw and tries like **** to get up with just that one paw. So I have to put my arm in the tub so he can leap up onto my arm and get a grip. But he gets a long fine. I don't think he realizes that he's missing a leg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts