Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I said I would post pictures of my rat, Remy. I'm going to post them now :3

There he is! He's a bit hard to take pictures of while he's awake lol.

A bit more about me; I am a first time rat owner. I've had Remy for about 2 weeks now and I am getting my second rat in a couple weeks. I just need to wait for the litter to age up.
I've researched rats for about 2-3 years? Maybe 4? I know I've wanted rats for YEARS but since my family doesn't like them too much, it was kind of hard to convince them. However, they changed their mind when I said I was paying for most of the expenses. After meeting Remy, their opinions of rats changed significantly. My mother is still rather terrified of him and doesn't like to get near him, but she doesn't hate him. She'll go up to the cage and say hi to him quite nicely, so I appreciate that I'm getting support lol. Today, my dad actually touched him while Remy was playing on my bed today and I was quite happy about that :D My sister touched his nose and I consider that an improvement but she still think he's nasty looking but I don't think she hates him. She payed for some of Remy's stuff (Like the bed you see above) for my birthday, so I know she doesn't hate him. My grandma doesn't really think much of him. She's not scared of him I don't think but she hasn't visited him since I got him. I don't mind though. She doesn't have to come visit him, as long as she doesn't hate him.

Overall, I'm very happy that my family is supporting and trying to understand him, at least a little :3 I still see some ignorance from them but it's not too bad and I try to educate them on rats. I just hope they listen lol.

Anyway, I'll make another post when I get my new rat :3

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey! I said I would post pictures of my rat, Remy. I'm going to post them now :3

There he is! He's a bit hard to take pictures of while he's awake lol.

A bit more about me; I am a first time rat owner. I've had Remy for about 2 weeks now and I am getting my second rat in a couple weeks. I just need to wait for the litter to age up.
I've researched rats for about 2-3 years? Maybe 4? I know I've wanted rats for YEARS but since my family doesn't like them too much, it was kind of hard to convince them. However, they changed their mind when I said I was paying for most of the expenses. After meeting Remy, their opinions of rats changed significantly. My mother is still rather terrified of him and doesn't like to get near him, but she doesn't hate him. She'll go up to the cage and say hi to him quite nicely, so I appreciate that I'm getting support lol. Today, my dad actually touched him while Remy was playing on my bed today and I was quite happy about that :D My sister touched his nose and I consider that an improvement but she still think he's nasty looking but I don't think she hates him. She payed for some of Remy's stuff (Like the bed you see above) for my birthday, so I know she doesn't hate him. My grandma doesn't really think much of him. She's not scared of him I don't think but she hasn't visited him since I got him. I don't mind though. She doesn't have to come visit him, as long as she doesn't hate him.

Overall, I'm very happy that my family is supporting and trying to understand him, at least a little :3 I still see some ignorance from them but it's not too bad and I try to educate them on rats. I just hope they listen lol.

Anyway, I'll make another post when I get my new rat :3
When I got my cuties, my mom was afraid of them but now she loves them alot. They too are very close to her. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! :D I love him a lot. He had some visitors today; my sister's friend and her son. The son loved him and petted him ^^ Remy doesn't much care for strangers but he still investigates them and will sniff them. The friend, once she saw him, said, "Oh! He's cuter than I thought he would be!" Lol. She wasn't scared of him at all and introduced her son to him. Remy was really good, considering :3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts