Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new here..
I have 3 beautiful female rats Fluffy and Rascal (aka Ratty) and 1 1/2yo and Cookie is 1yr
And really I joined because one of my rats is having a lot of medical problems and I would love some advice..
Ratty is my sick rat, she is and albino with red eyes and has had respiratory problems her whole life..
2 days ago I noticed an abscess on her (starts where her back left leg joins to her body and goes to her bum (hole) ) I immediately took her to the vet and she popped and drained it, gave her a shot of antibiotics and gave me some cleaning solution to keep it clean. And after that she was slowly getting better.. But this morning (2days later) it seems to have formed again and she is really reluctant to use her back left leg.. What should I do? the vet told me to come back in 4-5 days .. I'm going to make her another appointment.. Is this cause for concern?
Please help thank you..
I will try to attach a picture for you's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey I'm new here..
I have 3 beautiful female rats Fluffy and Rascal (aka Ratty) and 1 1/2yo and Cookie is 1yr
And really I joined because one of my rats is having a lot of medical problems and I would love some advice..
Ratty is my sick rat, she is and albino with red eyes and has had respiratory problems her whole life..
2 days ago I noticed an abscess on her (starts where her back left leg joins to her body and goes to her bum (hole) ) I immediately took her to the vet and she popped and drained it, gave her a shot of antibiotics and gave me some cleaning solution to keep it clean. And after that she was slowly getting better.. But this morning (2days later) it seems to have formed again and she is really reluctant to use her back left leg.. What should I do? the vet told me to come back in 4-5 days .. I'm going to make her another appointment.. Is this cause for concern?
Thanks for your help

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts