Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI!

My name is Amber...I am 20 years old and am a part time college student (community college) as a Vet Tech Major. I live at home with my parents and sister.. and all of our wonderful pets :) These include : 6 cats, 3 dogs, 1 Blue Front Amazon parrot, 1 Peach face lovebird, 4 fishtanks(freshwater), 1 guinea pig, 7 chickens, 2 ducks and my babies The sugar gliders, 10 of them :D

Umm I have had rats in the past, and was devastated when my last female Cheese passed away. So i decided to put off owning rats for a while...but it has been almost 4 years and I am finally ready.

I am having some serious trouble finding a breeder in Baltimore, so i will most likely "rescue" a pair from the local petstore. I am looking for a pair (as previously stated) of same sex babies. I am sure i will have plenty of questions for you` to answer, first one being about a cage(heading over to that section when im done here lol)....

Well i hope to get to know you all and share stories of my future babies :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Trying looking for Rescues and SPCAs as well instead of breeders. :)

Ouch....

Orange... very... hard to... read...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome :)
What kind of dogs do you have?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hello Amber, welcome to the forums.

Please take a moment to read the site rules and enjoy your stay! :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys :) Im glad to be here :D

I have an English Springer Spaniel(Carlie), a German Shepard(Coco), and a Shar-pei/Pittbull mix (Rebel)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Aww those are great, may I see pics? :D
I have a dog as well - an American Eskimo/Sibe Husky mix (Zoe).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is Carlie :
Picture

I dont seem ot have the other two in my photobucket...i will post them later

Renay, why do say I am brave?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lol! What a great pic. Such a cute dog.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL Sure

This is Scooter, my first glider. I got him august of '05, at 8 weeks out of pouch. He is my luvvie bug. nickname "booger butt" lol
Scooter

And Slevin, his cagemate, a male that was born at my house who was all too sweet to let leave. He was born last october, so he is comming up on his first b-day!
Slevin

Next is my Quad, Toby, Dulcy, Alibi and Clara. Toby is a male (missing a toe from a parental injury) Dulcy and Alibi are twin girls that i had shipped in from texas, they are his girlfriends, and Clara is one of their daughters...
Quad

Then there is Halo and Raider (soon to re-united, seperated due to aggression towards joeys) Halo is my WFB boy, very handsome, and his girlfriend Raider is a common grey, het for white tip. I bought them when they were 12 and 14 weeks:
Halo, he is a ham lol
Raider
Then of course! I have their (Halo&Raider's) Joeys. Twin WF girls, born June 13th) They are the most adorable, sweetest babies EVER! lol I find them very pretty... Names are Sachi and Suri:
Sachi
Suri

And here is an example of their cages (this one is Scooter and Slevins, i went with "the nightmare before christmas" theme in their cage for the halloween mood lol (a bit early i know, but i love it!))
Cage
And.....thats everyone :) Hope you enjoy them

·
Registered
627 Posts
Aw, the suger gliders are so cute! I actually didn't know people had those as pets, but I do see the appeal though, they're adorable!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts