Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey up,

I have registered here to get some advice on friendlying up our rats, Michael and Stephen. We have had them 9 weeks, not sure how old they were when we bought them, they were quite small. They are white with black faces and markings down their spines, its the first rats I have owned, although my girlfriend has had them before.

We are from Nottingham, England.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Welcome you you and your black hoodie boys! :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I would love to see pics of your ratties. Post some pics soon. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jellybeanqueen said:
what do you mean by "friendlying up" your rats..are they not social/tame yet?
anyways, welcome to the forums! :]
They are strange in that, when you get them out, their one aim is to return to their cage. You open the cage and they run off and hide, but leave the cage open and after a few mins will come up to the side of the cage begging for food. Stephen has come out of his own accord a few times, ran across the back of the sofa and back, but weirdly he always tries to mate his cage mate after.

Also we now have two more, Dennis, again the same markings as Stephen and Michael, and also Pedro, who is marked the same but light brown/grey and only about two thirds of his tail intact, I am drawn to the unusual ones. He is very confident and calm with humans.

Will get pictures up as soon as they stay still together for more than 2 secs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts