Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i'm Amie and to be honest new to all of this, i have limited knowledge of Rats but have never actually kept them. I have just adopted a 29 day old rat he's beautiful but a bit small :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It's a great place :3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm definately a beginner :) we've only ever had cats and a syrian when i was little. I adopted my rat baby when he was 27 days old :( he was the runt of the litter not feeding or drinking and with a severe respiratory problem I only intended to take him home to try and bulk him up and try and pull him through it as he only weighed 20 grams and the rest of the kittens weighed 40. The little soldier did really well his second day took some chicken from me and became more inquisitive falling asleep in my sleeve :) but unfortunately yesterday he started hopping and dragging his back legs
He hadn't fallen or caught his leg in anything to my knowledge as he was walking one minute then not the next :( unfortunately he died within half hour I just don't think he was strong enough to pull through. :( but it has piqued my interest in rats and where I work we have had an accidental litter who I feel two may be coming home with me once they're old enough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.