Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm Raury and I have Two cute little mischief makers named Lucia (my dumbo) and Doll (my top eared). I've had them for about 7 months and they're always so much fun. Lucia is very adventurous and has a very short attention-span while Doll is very cute and sweet, but still a bit skittish unfortunately, which I attribute to the poor handling at the pet store that I got her from (I've since then decided to only adopt or buy from breeders). The man who was handling her even dropped her on the floor(!!!), poor thing. I love my girls very much and even though they like to get into trouble (Just today Doll found out how much fun it is to burrow under the cage liner and scare me half to death when I think she's gotten out of the cage somehow), I still spoil them rotten and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Rat Muridae Mouse Rodent Muroidea Rat Muridae Gerbil Rodent Chinchilla

·
Registered
58 Posts
Awe, they're darlings! My boys resemble your own personality wise. Chester is like Lucia and Casper like Doll but he isn't skittish, he was when we first got him (was also told he was 3 months old and he's only 7 weeks... people in the pet stores ironically usually know next to nothing about what they're selling. She didn't even want to get him out of the box, I had to. He was kept out the back because he was too small, and needed to be kept there for 3 weeks apparently which is horrible for a little baby rat at hyper as him!)

I spoil mine too, doesn't everybody? I hope we see more pictures of this cute duo! WELCOME to the forum by the way! I'm Kelsey, a professional babbler by day, queen of the rats by night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Yeah, Doll has improved a lot since I got her, but she still gets pretty nervous when you hold her. Lucia was crawling all over me when I first met her, so it's no surprise that she's a lot more positive on being held. Then again, she usually just uses me as a ramp to get to the floor and run around, lol. You'll definitely be seeing more pictures of them if I can get Lucia to stay still long enough to actually take a picture. I had to give her a treat just to get her to stay still long enough to take this picture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts