Rat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I found this forum whilst looking for Critter Nation layout pics for ideas when I get my Critter Nation cage in about Aprilish? Currently I have a Super Pet cage that used to house my late hamster Stella, and it's big enough for my three boys right NOW, but not for long. ;D

Puppy Canidae Dog Puppy love Carnivore
Anyway here is a picture of my boys with their sisters when the ad was posted on kijiji when they were 2 weeks old. The ad was posted when they were 5 weeks old, this last Friday. At the time I was only looking for two boys, but the person offering them said since there were only 3 males, she was wary of letting the last one go to just anybody. She wanted to make sure that the person had at least one other rat, and the person who she was speaking to who was interested in the last boy wasn't responding to her messages. After having the three boys laying on my lap and playing together I decided one more rat probably wouldn't make that much of a difference? So I told her if she hadn't found him a home I'd gladly take him in. She said she'd let me know by Sunday. :)
Rat Mouse Muridae Muroidea Rodent
Here I am introducing Pip(left) and Scribbles(right) to their new home! They were so nervous and scared, but they were very friendly and provided many finger kisses.

Sunday came around and...
Rat Mammal Hamster Muridae Muroidea
Trisket joins his brothers! I am so glad that I was able to take him in, I had actually decided on his name before his brothers, and I wasn't even his official human yet!

Rat Mouse Hamster Muridae Muroidea
Here they were this afternoon enjoying a nice yogurt snack. Pip(background) had his fill earlier, but Trisket and Scribbles were more than happy to polish off the rest :)

They're still pretty nervous, but they're warming up to me more and more each day. I've been so busy with them I only realized today that I haven't even had them for a week yet! I love them so much already though.

Rat Vertebrate Mouse Mammal Hamster
Bonus close-up!

·
Registered
54 Posts
What cute little boys! Reminds me a bit of how I got my rat (The lady had 5 boys, and I took home three. But it turned out that the third one was a girl-oops).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all! I love them so much, we just upgraded their cage to a critter nation! ....but they're scared of all the extra space for now and only wander around up top.. :s hopefully they get comfortable enough to explore everywhere soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts