Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I measured things up and although the cage MAY be a tight squeeze in my room where the only cage can be, I'm sure I can MAKE room, ok so, now that i ordered it, Ive cleaned my room and the space is ready, when it gets here, after I set it up, Im going to know Ill need to cover it.

I don''t want to resort to mesh wire, but I saw someone use something you see would be made from a screen door? That mesh like material thats REAL thin? Does anyone have pictures or examples or tuts on covering this FN cage?

Thanks!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I think your describing Chicken wire, but you'll want to cover it with insect screen. Or tight mesh.

Here's a good example of what i mean: http://www.twpinc.com/twpinc/control/category/~category_id=TWPCAT_9

I have no idea about this though:
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/...Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=0&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber

It's worth a look though.

And hey, if you get it, it's probably easy to rip apart.

You must be able to get a roll of screen mesh though at Home Hardware, or Kents, or the Homdepot in your area

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I know I saw that cage somewhere too, with that screen stuff covering it, but I don't remember where. I think it was a while ago. I considered something like that instead of hardware cloth, but I figured it would be really hard to decorate the cage that way. And although none of my rats have chewed on my window screen, I didn't want to cover the cage with anything they *might* be able to chew through, just in case.

Honestly, covering the cage with hardware cloth was a pain in the ass. I never want to do it again ^^; If you have someone to help you, it should go a lot faster and a lot more smoothly. Plus you're getting a one level, right? That'll help too ^_^

·
Registered
476 Posts
depends on whom helps you Mana. I know I'm not the best at helping, I can help if I set my mind to it, other wise.. I'm screwing around ... I swear I must have ADHD.... or something along those lines.

I know I have friends taht aren't quite as bad as I am and they actually have ADHD.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I was the one who had my FN covered in mesh. They were able to chew through it in record time, so I pulled it all off and switched to hardware cloth. I've hd no issues with them trying to get out with the hardware cloth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts