Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I became a rat owner, yay! I spent my time putting her new cage together, reading about the best ways to handle her, and holding and talking to her. I named her coco puff because she has the biggest most beautiful brown eyes. She's been happily exploring my shoulders, head and lap and now she's burrowing around in the towel on my lap. I'm thinking I was wrong in not getting a second rat right of the bat but at the same time I was a little nervous about how I'd be able to get two rats used to the new home at the same time. Thoughts on that would be appreciated, I'm still really new at owning my coco bear so any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. She peed on me earlier so I'm going to change my shirt since she has a stinky hiney bum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh my gosh she's so cute she just curled into a little ball in my lap and is sleeping. I'm never moving oh my gosh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coco was a last minute decision that I doubt I'll ever regret. I went to the local PETsMART for some fish medicine and passed by the rodent cages, miss coco puff stood up on the glass when I got closer and ran to the other side of the cage as I passed, following me. It caught my attention and I knelt down by her cage. After nearly ten minutes of taking to her and petting the glass where she sat I asked one of the employees of I could put my hand in there, seconds later I was a happy rat owner. My only regret is that I didn't get the other two in the cage next to her. All three are female dumbo rats, would there be any problems if I decided to go back and get her them as cage mates?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts