Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is, you guessed it, Marali. Very creative username, huh? Anyways I've had 4 rats now over the past 2 years and I've had some serious problems with one rat in particular who technically isn't even mine. I joined to ask some serious advice but it's not that huge of an emergency so it can wait a little while. So yeah! I live on a small town in California a few hours from San Francisco and I've got one rat at the moment, Charlie, along with a dog, four, yes four, cats and a 13 year old brother who I think counts as an animal. So that about some up my basics ^_^ have a nice day everyone : )

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey!
I was born just north of San Diego; I miss California sometimes.

Just out of curiosity what it the problem you are having with the rat?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just out of curiosity what it the problem you are having with the rat?
Well ever since I got her she's been extremely violent, territorial, food possessive, and just not very nice to other rats. I took all needed steps to introduce her to others but she was still so violent towards other rats. She was fine with my cats, who actually like rats ^.^, and she's very kind to people, just not other rats. And in the 6 months I've had her my other 3 rats who were all fairly young like about a year and a half have died. I don't know if she had anything to do with their deaths but I don't want to take the risk of putting her with another rat so she's on a cage alone at the moment. I know violent rats can be rehabilitated but o don't think that's a challenge I can handle. But thing is I don't know if because of her violence if any rat sanctuaries or pet stores would take her :\ but yeah. For now she's fine living alone in the cage and my cats keep her company.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Approximately how old is she and for how long have you had her? I'm in Northern Cal., btw.
Hey ^_^ she didn't come with an age so I'd estimate maybe... a bit less than two years. I've had her for about 7 or 8 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts