Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. Apparently I have to post three times here before I can see or update my profile? OK, I can manage that.

I have had rats for a while, but when my last rat died, I looked for a small pet with a longer life expectancy. I wound up with a Short-tailed Brazilian opossum. She is cute and adorable and a great pet in many ways, but not as sociable or affectionate as a rat. I have had her for nearly a year and a half and now find myself thinking fondly of my past rats. I was thinking of trying to adopt a couple of rats and housing them in the bottom of her Critter Keeper, but not knowing how either she or new rats would react to the other animal, I have reluctantly decided to put off adopting more rats for now. But, all of that still led me here to look at what this community is doing and saying while I wait for my chance to have more rats again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Raindear, I had to look up what a short-tailed Brazilian Opossum was. Where I come from there are some strict laws on owning exotics so it's so interesting to hear of all these different kinds of pets.
What sort of rat (gender, type etc) would you get if you could now?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love two babies. Not particular as to color or sex, though my sister prefers female. I also prefer normal ears and not nekkid. My first rat was a Russian Blue rescue that absolutely loved me. Her cage mate was a Himalayan that could take me or leave me. I got a baby Siamese later that doted on me and was ever so sweet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts