Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So hi! I'm new to owning rats. I got two from a friend and I fell in love with them instantly. I'm also glad I got them because they were very mistreated. The guy I adopted them from thought both were males too and I can assure you they aren't. I've had other small animals before so I know a little bit about them.
There's Deckim and Quinn is the darker hooded one.
I was just am wondering if there's anything you guys think I need to know immediately. And also how do you post on here I'm having a slight issue with that. Also I apologize for any typos Quinn kept wanting to help type.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
You have to post here 3 times then you can post on other topics. Are they fixed? If so, you should be fine. If not, then I'd keep them separate. They are really cute! Your main worries are a big enough cage and food supplies. At first, you can decorate with stuff lying around until you want to be more daring. I find I look at things now with a "would my rats like this" mentality. Bedding is another biggie. Read the "stickys" on this site. They can guide you so well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was also confused about posting but as far as I know, Verucasdad is right, post 3 times here, then you can post in any forum. And I agree, as long as the habitat is appropriate size with appropriate bedding, I know I used http://www.rattycorner.com/odds/calc.shtml to calculate how big of a cage to get my two, then they should start out happy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts