Rat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site and I'm new to owning male rats.Years ago I used to have female rats.These are my 3 boys Lucky,Mocha and Kiwi.I got Lucky and Mocha about 4 weeks ago and got Kiwi about a week ago and they all came from the same place PetSmart.I think kiwi is 3 months old and the other 2 are about 4 months old not really sure cause PetSmart did not know there exact ages.The cage I have is the double critter nation cage.
Interior design Wood China cabinet Pet supply Shelf
Green Purple Glove Textile Grass

Registered
Cloud (Dark Phased Pearl) and Dew (American Mink)
Hello! Your rats鈥 cage looks very fun and I hope you have a good time on this forum! :)
Feel free to ask as many rat-related questions as you鈥檇 like and we will do our best to respond (we being the other users of this forum)!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi was wondering if I could add 1 more male to this size cage?or would that be too many for a double critter nation cage.

Registered
Coffee, Bagel, Piper, Sprout, Sonya, And 2 new rats coming soon!
Hi was wondering if I could add 1 more male to this size cage?or would that be too many for a double critter nation cage.
The DCN (I also have one, great cage) fits up to 12 rats! So go ahead and add one or 2 more rats! I curr have 5 and plan to add 2 more, and I鈥檝e had 10 rats in it with room to spare!

Registered
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Who is that little black hooded rat in the second photo? We have a little female black hooded rat who is also called Kiwi. :)
She is so funny - she loves to climb on our heads and likes to do tricks.
Felidae Rodent Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers Guinea pig

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been reading that manuka honey can help prevent upper respiratory infections.How much should I give them and how often.And are there any other things that I give them that would help prevent upper respiratory infection?
Thank you 馃槉

Registered
Cloud (Dark Phased Pearl) and Dew (American Mink)
There鈥檚 really not much you can do to actually prevent a uri from happening. Honey is not the healthiest for rats and can be given as a treat, but I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 the best option for stopping a respiratory infection!

Registered
I've been reading that manuka honey can help prevent upper respiratory infections.How much should I give them and how often.And are there any other things that I give them that would help prevent upper respiratory infection?
Thank you 馃槉
I invested in an air purifier and it has done wonders. They are pretty pricey though. Another "preventative" is purported to be dark chocolate (the larger the % the better). Once or twice a week on any sweet treat should be good. You may need to dilute the honey if it is very thick. I spot clean every day removing poops and clearing wet spots. I haven't had a URI for quite awhile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts