Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I am new to both the world of rats and this forum.At the moment I don't own any rats,but would like to.In the meantime I am trying to learn as much as I can because the only contact I've ever had with a rat was my friend's 2 boys.Other than that I'm 16,I own 4 guinea pigs,2 dogs,and 4 fish tanks.I love all animals-except reptiles-and I hope to be a vet specializing in rodents and small animals.I look forward to getting to know everyone on here and learning all that I can about these awesome rodents.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Welcome!

If you want to specialize in rodents you may have to take courses in all exotics... including lizards and snakes. Of course, in practice you may not need to deal with them. :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
welcome, and I applaud you for comming to the forum before you get your rats, you'll learn a lot here and it is important to atleast know the basics before getting a new pet. Also, Forensic is right, you will more than likely have to work with reptiles in order to specialize in rodents and other tiny critters, but they're really not that bad, if you're scared of them its a different story if you just don't like them because of their diets well you have to remember that they don't choose what they eat while in captivity, there are humane ways of feeding reptiles without using live rats or even frozen rats, people often just don't take the time or spend the money necessary in finding them.

Again, welcome to the forums and like i said, you'll learn a lot!

·
Registered
67 Posts
welcome :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Chelsea :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts