Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum but have been around rats for 11 years. 0 babies though all have been pet store rats. Never heard of breeders, rat pet shows, or rescue's for rats until I started doing research. It's amazing what you can learn just by talking to a bunch of people crazy about rats. Most of the people I'm around don't like rats or at least not until they meet my sweet babies. I hope to make some friends here as well as learn as much information as I can. I can never learn to much to keep my ratties safe,healthy and content. At home I also have two young female kitties, two ferrets, 1 hamster and 17 rats as of today. My baby rat had thirteen babies at 2:30 this morning. Thank you all for listening. Have a good day. :lol:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hi Curlycue, welcome to the forums! :)

Good luck with your ratty babies. Don't forget to post some pictures for us to coo over ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum as well... Where do you live in Washington? I'm from Edmonds but I moved to New York to go to school. I really miss it there, it is so beautiful and such perfect weather in the summer.
It really is great to be able to talk to other people who are so devoted to their pets- some of my friends think I go a little overboard but I don't, I love them so much! You must be very excited about your new babies! My guinea pig is due any day now... She looks like a blimp! :wink:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you DonnaK. So far mommy is doing great and all thirteen babies are alive today? I'm really excited and so is everyone else in my family. My fiancee who doesn't like rat's very well but tolerates them for my sake actually wanted to hold the babies. He thinks they are adorable and is really interested and wants to hold them.
As for Evisionary333 I live basicly live in the desert part of washington. It's called yakima. It's a couple of hours away from seattle. It's not exactly were I would like to be. Too small of a town all of which are hispanic/indian. No I'm not recist I just stating a fact. Where I live whites and blacks are the minority. I spent half my life in Milwaukie OR but yakima is where my family was born and where they all come back to when things aren't going right in their lives, or someone in the family is sick. It was good hearing from you all and hope to get to know you and rats better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts